Home Bridge Court, Witham
Home Bridge Court was built in 1837-39 and was originally designed by architects George Gilbert Scott and William Bonython Moffatt. Throughout its history Home Bridge Court has housed an orphanage, training home and Bridge Hospital. This Grade II listed building has been converted into thirteen one, two and three bedroom apartments. Many of the original architectural details have been retained including vaulted ceilings, a glazed lantern and sash windows; these complement contemporary features such as a mezzanine floor and private terraces. Each apartment has been tastefully decorated in a calm colour scheme with contemporary cream, gloss kitchens and high quality laminate flooring. The result is a desirable, private gated community in the heart of Essex with excellent transport links to London.